Monday, June 28, 2010

These are pictures of a quilt I just finished. I used to handquilt but arthritis has forced me to quit to so I had to have this one quilted. I did put the blocks together by hand but I don't have to use a thimble to do that. For many years a friend and I had our own little quilting bees and quilted for our church bazaar. I made my first quilt when I was a sophmore in highschool and didn't dream I would have to quit someday.
My mother when she died had completed quilts for my sister and I. I chose a double wedding ring. She also had tops made for her granddaughters and grandsons,and the great grands which included one unborn baby.
I don't sew as much as I used to as computer, reading and genealogy take time from the sewing machine. I find myself making blankets out of fleece and flannel. I am not really happy with them as they aren't quilts. SeWhatt, they keep the babies warm and knowing memaw made them makes them special. At least I think so for they are made for special babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment