Monday, July 26, 2010

Friendship Surprises

A few days ago the mail lady brought me a box, priority mail. I did not know the person whose name was on the package so I opened it thinking I would be sending it back. NO WAY would I send this back. When I opened the flaps on the box I had a feeling that is was special. I felt the warm breeze of friendship engulfing me when I realized it was from my quilt chat group. We use nicknames so we don't know everyone's name. I took out a bear for hugs, a pillow case to dream on and eighteen quilt blocks with appliqued hearts on them, most of them autographed. I had sent blocks for love quilts thru the years for members who had lost loved ones, but never dreamed I would receive one. How blessed I am to have friends to take time to make these for me. My next project is to go to the quilt store and get material to set the blocks up into a top. How can I feel down in the dumps again when I can see and feel all this wonderful love around me. Thank you ladies, God blessed me when he led me to your quiltchat channel.

To day I received another package from a chatter on quilt chat with whom I refer to as my correspondence friend. We talk almost everyday by e-mail, facebook, blog, and I think of her as a special friend. She sent me a cheerful cup cuff that she had made. It is these special things in life that I don't expect that lets me know that God has truly blessed me.

1 comment: