Friday, July 23, 2010

A silly old grandmother still loves her heros

It's 1 am and I just spent a wonderful hour watching RFDTV. Guests were Roy "Dusty' Rogers jr. and his son Dustin. What memories the stories they told regarding Roy and Dale brought to my mind. Come the first Saturday in November I will be glued to the TV and hope that some of my great grandchildren will be there with me to watch Roy Rogers ride across the screen again.
A trip to the book store is a must as it has been awhile since I read Dale's books. They were an exceptional family that practiced and lived their Christianity.

I had two heros and they were as different as black and white. Roy Rogers and Audie Murphy.
They both fought the bad guys. Roy's way was more romantic. There were horses, girls, moonlight and singing. He could shoot and fight and always won. He wore the white hat.

Audie made some cowboy movies but he also made bloody, gory, war movies. He played himself in a movie about his life as a soldier, and was the most decorated soldier in WWII. He was a real live hero, as well as an actor. There is no comparsion, they were both the best at what they did and they were my heros.

No comments:

Post a Comment